Salinas, United States
Salinas is a small but sophisticated city located in California. Salinas is famous for activities like agricultural bounty, Rock climbing, museum tours, wine tasting, cattle drives and shopping. It provides a unique combination of climate, natural resources and people.
Places to visit-
- National Steinbeck Center- It provides lectures, live music and a craft beer festival.
- The Steinbeck House-It offers the visitors a tasty lunch from Tuesday to Saturday.
- Toro County Park- It provides facilities like hiking, horseback riding and mountain biking.
- Laguna Seca- It is the top motor racing track which is famous for some big international racing events.
- Harvey-Baker House- Visitors should visit this historical landmark.
- Oldtown Salinas Farmer’s Market-It is famous for honey and jam, as well as a variety of hand-made arts and crafts.
- Boronda Adobe History Center- This place is listed on the U.S. National Register of Historic Places.
- Salinas Rodeo- It is famous for events including a carnival, cowboy poetry and the Kiddie Kapers Parade.
- River Road Wine Trail
- Medical History Museum-It contains collection of medical artifacts from the last 300 years.
- Monterey Zoo- It is one of the California’s best-loved destinations. Here visitors can see a variety of exotic animal species such as lions and elephants.
Where to stay?
- Motel 6 Salinas South - Monterey Area- All 128 rooms of this hotel provides complimentary wireless Internet access, TVs with cable channels, and free local calls.
- Howard Johnson by Wyndham Salinas- It offers a business centre, a 24-hour front desk and multilingual staff, free continental breakfast, free Wi-Fi in public areas and free self parking.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salinas- All 74 rooms of this hotel provide free Wi-Fi, free wired Internet, flat-screen TVs with satellite channels, fridges, microwaves, DVD players, coffee/tea makers and free newspapers.