Salinas is a county seat in Monterey County in California. It is located outside the southern portion of the Greater Bay Area and 10 miles east-southeast of the mouth of the Salinas River.
Places to visit:
- National Steinbeck Center– Dedicated to John Steinbeck, this museum offers interactive exhibits for all ages & a gift shop.
- John Steinbeck House- John Steinbeck House is a historic house restaurant and house museum of the author John Steinbeck.
- Natividad Creek Park- Recreational venue featuring trails, picnics & playgrounds, plus a skate area & dog park.
- El Dorado Park- Playground with sport courts & fields, a jogging path & multiple picnic area for get-togethers
- Toro Park- Peaceful 4,756-acre park offering riding trails, softball fields, playgrounds & volleyball courts.
- Manzanita County Park- Baseball & soccer fields dominate this county park that's surrounded by scrubby hillsides.
Places to stay:
- Good Nite Inn- This lodging offers an outdoor pool, plus free coffee & tea and free Wi-Fi.
- Motel 6- Straightforward budget lodging with an outdoor pool, plus free morning coffee & parking.
- Best Western Salinas Monterey Hotel- Straightforward lodging with free Wi-Fi, continental breakfast & parking, plus an outdoor pool.
- Laurel Inn & Conference Center- Simple motel offering basic rooms with free Wi-Fi, plus an outdoor pool, free breakfast, a casual restaurant & sauna.
- Best Western Plus Salinas- Relaxed rooms & suites in a laid-back hotel with free Wi-Fi & hot breakfast, plus a pool & a sauna.
- Holiday Inn Express- Traditional hotel with free continental breakfast & Wi-Fi, plus an indoor pool & an exercise room.